Is a capacity building support to implement all supports in your plan, including informal, mainstream, community and funded supports.
Specialist Support Coordination
Specialist support such as resolving points of crisis, parenting training and helping you integrate into your network or community.
Support Coordination involves us helping you get all your supports up and running and operating optimally. This includes informal, mainstream and community supports, as well as funded supports.
Specifically, this might involve help with:
- Coordinating supports and participating in your community
- Finding and securing accommodation
- Making sure services such as housing, and health meet their obligations
- Supporting you to achieve greater independence to self-direct services and supports in the longer term
- Being there for you in times of crisis
- Providing the NDIA with reports on outcomes and success indicators within the agreed reporting frequency
- Flexibly respond to changing needs
- Link with NDIA and your LAC to ensure your plan best meets your needs
How we work for you
Support Coordination is all about enhancing your ability to manage and direct your own services. It provides the flexibility to help you find the community, employment and accommodation options that are right for you.
You’ll be able to take advantage of benefits such as:
- Better co-ordination of your range of services
- Early intervention and timely service responses
- Identification and exploration of increased support options
- Consistent monitoring of the performance of services
- Increased quality and safeguards